Off Grid Solar Power Systems
Off grid systems are designed to generate enough energy to meet a property’s consumption or needs and offers true energy independence.
OFF-GRID Systems are best for:
- recreational property
- remote cabins
- rural property
- power backups or emergency power supply
More About Off-Grid Systems
- We work closely with our clients to design a system that works for your energy needs
- We assess your situation to determine the size of solar installation, battery storage and backup needs. We do not supply or maintain generators.
- Solar panels are easy to maintain, as they have no moving parts that wear out over time. Just keep them clean and in good physical condition to keep them working properly. With the low maintenance needs they are a good solution for off-grid sites.
- Note that Solar energy systems can generate electricity in any climate and are perfect for remote off-grid locations.
- However, due to the snow load in northern BC we will assess your location and may design a ground mounted or vertical solution which will better suit your needs. Wall and Pole mounted arrays are also available.
- Off grid systems are designed to generate enough energy to meet a property’s consumption or needs and to provide energy independence throughout the fall and winter.
Investing in solar energy can increase the value of your property and protect your bottom line from rising energy costs.
- An on-grid solar system is directly tied to the traditional electric utility grid.
- this means your house will take and use the electricity from the grid, when the solar system does not produce sufficient energy due to various factors such as weather conditions
- Surplus energy generated by the solar system is fed back to the grid and is metered so that you can earn credits that offset your total cost of energy
- One advantage to this system is that you don’t need a battery to store your excess power, however if the power goes out in your neighbourhood then you are without power as well.
Hybrid Solar System:
- A hybrid solar system is simply a combination of on-grid and off-grid systems.
- A hybrid solar system sends solar power to your inverter, which then sends energy to power your home. The extra energy that is not used to power your home goes to the battery for storage. That is why the battery can provide power to your home when your solar panels are not producing energy.
- If there is not enough energy in the battery, the house will then take electricity from the grid.
- hybrid systems are more expensive than grid-tied systems due to the added battery and installation costs
Commercial Solar Systems
Microgrids are a new type of commercial installation which features a self-contained electrical network providing a dependable source of electricity even when the grid fails.
Commercial Solar Systems can include:
- industry work camps
- farms and agriculture
- small business and industry
- remote tourism sites or locations
- power backups or emergency power supply
More about commercial systems:
- Generating solar energy for your business will drastically reduce your monthly electricity bills
- As the price of electricity increases over time so will your savings
- Solar panels generally pay for themselves within 10 to 12 years
- Solar and agriculture are a great combination. Renewable energy generated through solar systems can offset or reduce greenhouse gas emissions and help to lower the farms carbon footprint.
- Installing a green solar system displays a commitment to your community and future generations.
- Moving to green energy is a cost effective investment especially when economies of scale can play a large role in reducing overall cost as the larger installations have a lower price per watt.
- Microgrids are a new type of commercial installation which features a self-contained electrical network providing a dependable source of electricity even when the grid fails.
We are committed to helping Aboriginal communities gain long-term sustainable benefits from their solar projects.
- The whole community can share in the cost of the installation which brings in economy of scale.
- If the community is willing to also make the connection to the grid then the solar system can be an extra source of revenue.
- Great solution for reliable power for rural and remote communities.
- System can be designed to include emergency backup power sources like diesel generators for winter season and weather fluctuations.
- There are government grants available to help with developing green energy systems in remote locations.
- We are committed to meaningful consultation and building respectful relationships with Indigenous peoples before proceeding with system design.
- We are committed to helping Aboriginal communities gain long-term sustainable benefits from their solar projects.
EACH SYSTEM WE DESIGN IS CUSTOM AND UNIQUE
Ready to Help Create a Greener Grid?
Wondering how to get started?
Did you know there are government incentives like the $5000 Greener Home Grant and the $40,000 interest free loan as well as other provincial incentives which help to reduce the initial up front cost. We can design and install a solar power system that fits your requirements and needs.